Asian Cities 2021: Hong Kong
Recorded On: 06/28/2021
- Registration Closed
As the world hopefully emerges from the global pandemic the emphasis in terms of real estate development and investment together with a large proportion of the global construction effort is shifting to further explore the potential of Asia. This programme focuses attention on arguably 5 of the most exciting city environments in the region. It is industry-led and case study driven and unique in its approach to the land conversion process. The programme is designed to encourage participants to explore new skills and enhance problem-solving capabilities under the guidance and expertise of some of the most experienced senior business leaders in Asia. The subject focus is business oriented involving industry-based, presentations and webinars together with the opportunity to review and discuss selective investments and developments in the cities.
Module #1: Hong Kong
- The Market
- The Company
- The Subject Asset/Project
Live webinar sessions will normally commence at 3.30 pm on a daily basis although may be subject to change, please see the schedule tab for more information. All Live and Pre-recorded video sessions will be made accessible on-demand.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements vary across the Asia Pacific. At the moment, this programme can contribute to the CPD requirements at Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). A certificate will be issued upon the completion of each city session for your application for CPD credits. Below please find the number of class hours for each of the sessions:
- Hong Kong: 20 Hours
- Singapore: 10 Hours
- Shanghai: 10 Hours
- Seoul: 8 Hours
- Tokyo: 20 Hours
- Special Features: 10 Hours
Attendees can apply for CPD credits from various professional institutions. Please let us know if you need more information to support your application
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiry.
INDIVIDUAL SESSION: USD 300
(By city sessions / special feature session)
FULL PROGRAMME: USD 1150
(All five cities sessions, plus special feature session)
Sign up for the full programme at a special rate, click here for more information. Email email@example.com for enquiry.
Learning & Development Features
- It is wholly case driven in its approach to the land conversion process.
- It is business oriented involving industry leaders sharing their business models and investment/development strategies.
- In the current virtual world, it retains an experiential quality with a concentration on highly relevant and contemporary case studies.
- Delegates will be exposed to a very Asian regional perspective on real estate and construction activity and investment.
- Delegates will be provided insights into the structural dynamics of the key international centres in the region. They will gain an understanding of the nature and characteristics of different market systems and corporate structures under differing legal jurisdictions and their effect on development and investment decision making.
The programme is aimed at new entrants, young industry professionals, graduate entry students are encouraged to participate.
This course is designed for new entrants and younger industry professionals with a basic understanding of the real estate sector who are looking to enhance their knowledge of key concepts and emerging trends needed to assess the feasibility of development options and the viability of real estate investments which enable decision-making. In particular, real estate owners and managers/ developers /investors /commercial brokers / entrepreneurs / government agencies / lawyers/ finance professionals will also benefit from interaction with senior and experienced business leaders.
There will be two live webinar sessions on a daily basis, one will normally commence at 3:30 pm and the other at 5:00. Each session will last for 60 – 75 minutes.
Each session will include presentations and discussion, moderated by Keith McKinnell, Managing Director, REACh Asia. Pre-recorded video modules will be made accessible on-demand. [This includes any attached materials to be accessible on the date.]
There will be some exceptions with slight adjustments to the schedule. Details of the schedule will be provided to participants prior to the sessions.
Each Session Breakdown:
- The Market
- The Company
- The Subject Asset/Project
MODULE 1 | HONG KONG WEEK 2:
SESSIONS 11 - 12 | 21 June
11 [LIVE] 3:30pm | BentallGreenoak + RedBox Self-Storage
Zachary MacAfee, Managing Director, BentallGreenOak & Tim Alpe CEO, RedBox
12 [LIVE] 5:00pm | CBRE - Capital Transactions Hong Kong
Reeves Yan, Executive Director & Head of Capital Markets, CBRE
SESSIONS 13 - 15 | 22 June
13 [LIVE] 3:30pm | Hongkong Land - Future-Proofing: The Central Portfolio
Kendrew Leung, Director & Head of Building Operations, Hongkong Land
14 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Goodman Asia - New Developments, Hong Kong: Logistics to Data Centres
James Parsons, Development Director, Goodman Asia
15 [ON-DEMAND] 6:30pm | Hongkong Land - A Conversation with Robert Wong
Robert Wong, Chief Executive, Hongkong Land
SESSIONS 16 - 17 | 23 June
16 [LIVE] 3:30pm | The Grosvenor Story: Hong Kong & China
Tim Jowett, Executive Director Head of Greater China, Regional Board Director, Grosvenor Asia
17 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Link REIT - The Link Story + Case Studies
Eric Yau, Chief Strategy Officer Link REIT
Chris Brooke, Independent Non-executive Consultant, Link REIT Asset Management Ltd.
SESSIONS 18 - 19 | 24 June
18 [LIVE] 3:30pm | What if? The Future of Real Estate - A conversation with Nicholas Brooke
Nicholas Brooke, Chairman, PPS & Chairman, ULI Asia Pacific
19 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Sino Group - What’s happening in Tuen Mun: The new dynamics surrounding The Gold Coast Estate & So Kwun Wat
Justin Yu, Senior Manager, Sino Group
SESSIONS 20 - 21 | 25 June
20 [LIVE] 3:30pm | SOM - Perspectives on the Greater Bay Area
Ian Ralph, Regional Practice Leader, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
21 [LIVE] 5:00pm | BentallGreenOak Strategic Capital Partners
John So, Managing Director, BentallGreenOak Strategic Capital Partners
MODULE 1 | HONG KONG WEEK 1:
SESSIONS 01 - 02 | 15 June
01 [LIVE] 4:00pm | The GAW Capital Story & Selected Cases
Presenter: Christina Gaw, Managing Principal & Head of Capital Markets, GAW Capital
02 [LIVE] 5:30pm | | Real Capital Analytics Asia Pacific - What is happening across Asia?
Presenter: David Green-Morgan, Managing Director, Real Capital Analytics Asia Pacific
SESSIONS 03 - 05 | 16 June
03 [LIVE] 3:30pm | Cushman & Wakefield - The Hong Kong Market
Presenter: Keith Chan, Head of Research Hong Kong, Cushman & Wakefield
04 [LIVE] 5:00pm | IWG in Hong Kong - Regus + Signature
Presenter: David Steyn, IWG
05 [ON-DEMAND] 6:30pm | Swire Properties - Managing The Island East & Pacific Place Portfolios
Thomas Rhodes, Senior Portfolio Manager, Swire Properties
James Somers-Eve, Senior Portfolio Manager, Swire Properties
SESSIONS 06 - 07 | 17 June
06 [LIVE] 3:30pm | Mingtiandi - PropTech & the Impact of Covid 19 on the Real Estate Industry
Presenter: Michael Cole, Founder, Mingtiandi
07 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Sun Hung Kai Properties - - ICC + XRL + The Greater Bay AreaPresenters:
Filipe Leung, Deputy General Manager, Sun Hung Kai Properties
K. W. Lo, General Manager, Sun Hung Kai Properties
SESSIONS 08 - 10 | 18 June
08 [LIVE] 3:30pm | New Towns, Land Supply & NDA’s
Presenter: Roger Nissim, Former DLO Shatin, Former Adjunct Professor, Department of Real Estate & Construction, University of Hong Kong, Chairman of the HK Countryside Foundation
09 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Lofter Group -Re-developing in Kowloon – the Opportunites & the Challenges
Presenter: Carol Chow, Founder & Chairperson, Lofter Group
10 [ON-DEMAND] 6:30pm | Henderson Land - Selected Replenishment Strategies for Residential Development in Hong Kong
Presenter: Patrick Kwok, Executive Director, Henderson Land
PRESENTERS / FACILITATORS:
- Zach MacAfee, Managing Director, BentallGreenoak
- John So, Managing Director, BentallGreenOak Strategic Capital Partners
- Reeves Yan, Executive Director & Head of Capital Markets, CBRE
- Keith Chan, Head of Research Hong Kong, Cushman & Wakefield
- Christina Gaw, Managing Principal & Head of Capital Markets, GAW Capital
- James Parsons, Development Director, Goodman Asia
- Tim Jowett, Executive Director Head of Greater China, Grosvenor Asia
- Patrick Kwok, Executive Director, Henderson Land
- Kendrew Leung, Director & Head of Building Operations, Hongkong Land
- Robert Wong, Chief Executive, Hongkong Land
- David Steyn, IWG
- Chris Brooke, Independent Non-executive Consultant, Link REIT
- George Hongchoy, CEO, Link REIT
- Carol Chow, Founder & Chairperson, Lofter Group
- Michael Cole, Founder, Mingtiandi
- David Green-Morgan, Managing Director, Real Capital Analytics Asia Pacific
- Justin Yu, Senior Manager, Sino Group
Ian Ralph, Regional Practice Leader, SOM
- Filipe Leung, Deputy General Manager, Sun Hung Kai Properties
- K. W. Lo, General Manager, Sun Hung Kai Properties
- Thomas Rhodes, Senior Portfolio Manager, Swire Properties
- James Somers-Eve, Senior Portfolio Manager, Swire Properties
- Nicholas Brooke, Chairman, PPS & Chairman, ULI Asia Pacific
Roger Nissim, Adjunct Professor, Department of Real Estate & Construction, University of Hong Kong
Asian Cities 2021
Sign up for the full programme at a special rate. If you are interested in the individual cities, click below for other modules information and registration.
- Module #2 | Singapore — 28 June – 02 July
- Module #3 | Shanghai — 05 July - 09 July
- Module #4 | Seoul — 12 July - 16 July
- Module #5 | Tokyo — 19 July - 30 July
- Module #6 | Special Features Week — 02 August - 06 August
For the full programme information, please click here.