Asian Cities 2021: Shanghai
Recorded On: 07/29/2021
As the world hopefully emerges from the global pandemic the emphasis in terms of real estate development and investment together with a large proportion of the global construction effort is shifting to further explore the potential of Asia. This programme focuses attention on arguably 5 of the most exciting city environments in the region. It is industry-led and case study driven and unique in its approach to the land conversion process. The programme is designed to encourage participants to explore new skills and enhance problem-solving capabilities under the guidance and expertise of some of the most experienced senior business leaders in Asia. The subject focus is business oriented involving industry-based, presentations and webinars together with the opportunity to review and discuss selective investments and developments in the cities.
Module #3: Shanghai
- The Market
- The Company
- The Subject Asset/Project
Live webinar sessions will normally commence at 3.30 pm on a daily basis although may be subject to change, please see the schedule tab for more information. All Live and Pre-recorded video sessions will be made accessible on-demand.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements vary across the Asia Pacific. At the moment, this programme can contribute to the CPD requirements at Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). A certificate will be issued upon the completion of each city session for your application for CPD credits. Below please find the number of class hours for each of the sessions:
- Hong Kong: 20 Hours
- Singapore: 10 Hours
- Shanghai: 10 Hours
- Seoul: 8 Hours
- Tokyo: 20 Hours
- Special Features: 10 Hours
Attendees can apply for CPD credits from various professional institutions. Please let us know if you need more information to support your application
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiry.
INDIVIDUAL SESSION: USD 300
(By city sessions / special feature session)
FULL PROGRAMME: USD 1150
(All five cities sessions, plus special feature session)
Learning & Development Features
- It is wholly case driven in its approach to the land conversion process.
- It is business oriented involving industry leaders sharing their business models and investment/development strategies.
- In the current virtual world, it retains an experiential quality with a concentration on highly relevant and contemporary case studies.
- Delegates will be exposed to a very Asian regional perspective on real estate and construction activity and investment.
- Delegates will be provided insights into the structural dynamics of the key international centres in the region. They will gain an understanding of the nature and characteristics of different market systems and corporate structures under differing legal jurisdictions and their effect on development and investment decision making.
The programme is aimed at new entrants, young industry professionals, graduate entry students are encouraged to participate.
This course is designed for new entrants and younger industry professionals with a basic understanding of the real estate sector who are looking to enhance their knowledge of key concepts and emerging trends needed to assess the feasibility of development options and the viability of real estate investments which enable decision-making. In particular, real estate owners and managers/ developers /investors /commercial brokers / entrepreneurs / government agencies / lawyers/ finance professionals will also benefit from interaction with senior and experienced business leaders.
There will be two live webinar sessions on a daily basis, one will normally commence at 3:30 pm and the other at 5:00. Each session will last for 60 – 75 minutes.
Each session will include presentations and discussion, moderated by Keith McKinnell, Managing Director, REACh Asia. Pre-recorded video modules will be made accessible on-demand. [This includes any attached materials to be accessible on the date.]
There will be some exceptions with slight adjustments to the schedule. Details of the schedule will be provided to participants prior to the sessions.
Each Session Breakdown:
- The Market
- The Company
- The Subject Asset/Project
MODULE 3 | SHANGHAI:
SESSIONS 01 - 02 | 05 July
01 [LIVE] 3:30pm | JLL - The Shanghai Market
Luis Keats, Director, Tenant Representation, Shanghai, JLL
02 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Hines - One Museum Place Case Study, China/Greater Bay Area & The APAC Fund
Claire Cormier-Thielke, Managing Director, Hines Asia
SESSIONS 03 - 04 | 06 July [Time changed]
03 [LIVE] 3:30pm | Shui On Land – From Xin Tiandi to Wuhan Tiandi
Albert Chan, Director of Development Planning & Design, Shui On Land
04 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Brookfield - Why Retail China?
Stuart Mercier, Managing Director & Head of Asia, Brookfield
SESSIONS 05 - 06 | 07 July
05 [LIVE] 3:30pm | Nan Fung Group - THE PLACE
Daisy Jiang, Associate Director, Asset Management, Nan Fung Group
06 [LIVE] 5:00pm | Hongkong Land in Shanghai & What’s new in Chongqing - STEAM
Henry Liauw, General Manager Asset Management, Hongkong Land
SESSIONS 07 - 09 | 08 July
07 [LIVE] 3:30pm | The Anken Alternative
David san Roman, Founder, Anken Group
08 [ON-DEMAND] 5:00pm | Cushman & Wakefield - China’s 14th Five Year Plan & What’s Next for PRC Real Estate: Innovation; New Infrastructure; Sustainability; City Clusters
Shaun Brodie, Senior Director & Head of Business Development Services, East China, Cushman & Wakefield
09 [ON-DEMAND] 6:30pm | ACTIS - From Logistics to Date Centres
Thomas Liu, Partner, ACTIS
SESSIONS 10 - 11 | 09 July
10 [LIVE] 3:30pm | SOM - Urban Regeneration; Increasing Urban Density: Implications for Real Estate
Peter Duncan, Regional Practice Leader China, SOM
11 [LIVE] 5:00pm | JLL - Shanghai Workplace Trends Post Covid & Case Studies: Huawei & Amazon
Nick Chung, Senior Director & Shanghai Hub Leader, Regional Transaction Management, JL
- Thomas Liu, Partner, ACTIS
- David san Roman, Founder, Anken Group
- Stuart Mercier, Managing Director & Head of Asia, Brookfield
- Shaun Brodie, Senior Director & Head of Business Development Services, East China, Cushman & Wakefield
- Claire Cormier-Thielke, Managing Director, Hines Asia
- Henry Liauw, General Manager Asset Management, Hongkong Land
- Nick Chung, Senior Director & Shanghai Hub Leader, Regional Transaction Management, JLL
- Daisy Jiang, Associate Director, Asset Management, Nan Fung Group
- Andrew Nicholson, Executive Director, Real Estate Asset Management, PAG
- Peter Duncan, Regional Practice Leader China, SOM
- Albert Chan, Director of Development Planning & Design, Shui On Land
Asian Cities 2021
Sign up for the full programme at a special rate. If you are interested in the individual cities, click below for other modules information and registration.
- Module #1 | Hong Kong — 05 July - 09 July
- Module #2 | Singapore — 28 June – 02 Jul
- Module #4 | Seoul — 12 July - 16 July
- Module #5 | Tokyo — 19 July - 30 July
- Module #6 | Special Features Week — 02 August - 06 August
For the full programme information, please click here.