Asian Cities 2021: Tokyo
Recorded On: 08/12/2021
- Registration Closed
As the world hopefully emerges from the global pandemic the emphasis in terms of real estate development and investment together with a large proportion of the global construction effort is shifting to further explore the potential of Asia. This programme focuses attention on arguably 5 of the most exciting city environments in the region. It is industry-led and case study driven and unique in its approach to the land conversion process. The programme is designed to encourage participants to explore new skills and enhance problem-solving capabilities under the guidance and expertise of some of the most experienced senior business leaders in Asia. The subject focus is business oriented involving industry-based, presentations and webinars together with the opportunity to review and discuss selective investments and developments in the cities.
Module #5: Tokyo
- The Market
- The Company
- The Subject Asset/Project
Live webinar sessions will normally commence at 3.30 pm on a daily basis although may be subject to change, please see the schedule tab for more information. All Live and Pre-recorded video sessions will be made accessible on-demand.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements vary across the Asia Pacific. At the moment, this programme can contribute to the CPD requirements at Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). A certificate will be issued upon the completion of each city session for your application for CPD credits. Below please find the number of class hours for each of the sessions:
- Hong Kong: 20 Hours
- Singapore: 10 Hours
- Shanghai: 10 Hours
- Seoul: 8 Hours
- Tokyo: 20 Hours
- Special Features: 10 Hours
Attendees can apply for CPD credits from various professional institutions. Please let us know if you need more information to support your application
Email email@example.com for enquiry.
INDIVIDUAL SESSION: USD 300
(By city sessions / special feature session)
FULL PROGRAMME: USD 1150
(All five cities sessions, plus special feature session)
Learning & Development Features
- It is wholly case driven in its approach to the land conversion process.
- It is business oriented involving industry leaders sharing their business models and investment/development strategies.
- In the current virtual world, it retains an experiential quality with a concentration on highly relevant and contemporary case studies.
- Delegates will be exposed to a very Asian regional perspective on real estate and construction activity and investment.
- Delegates will be provided insights into the structural dynamics of the key international centres in the region. They will gain an understanding of the nature and characteristics of different market systems and corporate structures under differing legal jurisdictions and their effect on development and investment decision making.
The programme is aimed at new entrants, young industry professionals, graduate entry students are encouraged to participate.
This course is designed for new entrants and younger industry professionals with a basic understanding of the real estate sector who are looking to enhance their knowledge of key concepts and emerging trends needed to assess the feasibility of development options and the viability of real estate investments which enable decision-making. In particular, real estate owners and managers/ developers /investors /commercial brokers / entrepreneurs / government agencies / lawyers/ finance professionals will also benefit from interaction with senior and experienced business leaders.
There will be two live webinar sessions on a daily basis, one will normally commence at 3:30 pm and the other at 5:00. Each session will last for 60 – 75 minutes.
Each session will include presentations and discussion, moderated by Keith McKinnell, Managing Director, REACh Asia. Pre-recorded video modules will be made accessible on-demand. [This includes any attached materials to be accessible on the date.]
There will be some exceptions with slight adjustments to the schedule. Details of the schedule will be provided to participants prior to the sessions.
Each Session Breakdown:
- The Market
- The Company
- The Subject Asset/Project
MODULE 5 | TOKYO WEEK 1:
SESSIONS 01-03 | 19 July
01 [LIVE] 3:30pm HKT / 4:30pm JST | CBRE – The Tokyo Market
Hiroshi Okubo, Head of Research, CBRE Japan
02 [LIVE] 5:00pm HKT / 6:00pm JST | Sumisha Realty, Sumitomo Corporation, J-Reits; Logistics; Retail
Hideki Yano, President & CEO, Sumisha Realty Management, Sumitomo Corporation
03 [ON-DEMAND] 6:30pm HKT / 7:30pm JST | Sanko Estate – A Walk Through Ginza, Nihonbashi & Marunouchi
Mikio Hayashi, Director, Sanko Estate, President Sanko Holdings
SESSIONS 04-05 | 20 July
04 [LIVE] 3:30pm HKT / 4:30pm JST | LIM – Japan Real Estate: The Loved & Unloved Sectors
Adam Donahue, Senior Managing Director LaSalle Investment Management (LIM) Japan
05 [LIVE] 5:30pm HKT / 6:30pm JST | Mitsui – Case Study Nihonbashi Muromachi Mitsui Tower
Shuji Tomikawa, President, Mitsui Fudosan Investment Advisers Motomitsu Morimoto, General Manager, Global Investment Management, Mitsui Fudosan Investment
SESSIONS 06 - 07 | 21 July
06 [LIVE] 3:30pm HKT / 4:30pm JST | Loadstar and Crowd Funding
Yo Narita Executive Director, Loadstar Capital/Owners Book: Crowd Funding
07 [LIVE] 5:30pm HKT / 6:30pm JST | Grosvenor – Case Study The Cura Project
Kozo Hiratani, President Grosvenor Japan, Regional Board Director Grosvenor Asia Tsuge Sayaka, Senior Project Manager, Project Development Grosvenor Group
MODULE 5 | TOKYO WEEK 2:
SESSIONS 08 - 09 | 26 July
08 [LIVE] 3:30pm HKT / 4:30pm JST | Savills Japan – A Selection of Capital Market Transactions
Andy Hurfurt, Director, Institutional Investment Advisory, Savills Japan Alistair Walker, Director Industrial and Logistics Agency, Savills Japan Rory Gale, Associate, Savills Japan
09 [LIVE] 5:00pm HKT / 6:00pm JST | Cushman & Wakefield Japan – The Tenant’s Perspective
Gus Hayward, Director, Tenant Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield Japan
SESSIONS 10 - 11 | 27 July
10 [LIVE] 3:30pm HKT / 4:30pm JST | Pembroke Real Estate Japan – Tri-Seven Roppongi
Jun Saito Senior Manager, Gordon Hatton, Head of Japan Vice President, Pembroke Real Estate Japan
11 [LIVE] 5:00pm HKT / 6:00pm JST | Canadian Solar & INFRA Fund
Tetsuya Nakamura CEO & Representative Director, Canadian Solar Asset Management, Canadian Solar Infrastructure Fund
SESSIONS 12 - 14 | 28 July
12 [LIVE] 3:00pm HKT / 4:00pm JST | AG and Case Studies
Jon Tanaka, Managing Director, Angelo Gordon Japan
13 [LIVE] 4:30pm HKT / 5:30pm JST | Japan Offices & XYMAX
Yoshio Nakayama, President, Xymax Real Estate Institute, XYMAX Corporation
14 [ON-DEMAND] 6:30pm HKT / 7:30pm JST | Nomura Fudosan – PMO’s in Tokyo + China Case Studies + Vietnam
Eiji Enomoto, Representative Director, Executive Vice President Nomura Real Estate Solutions, Nomura Fudosan Keisuke Kamegai, Nomura Fudosan
SESSIONS 15 - 17 | 29 July
15 [LIVE] 3:30pm HKT / 4:30pm JST | Blackstone – Case Study Amway Plaza
Taro Squires, Managing Director, Blackstone Japan
16 [LIVE] 5:00pm HKT / 6:00pm JST | Mori Building – Vision & Projects
Takahiko Raijo, International Business Department, Mori Biru Taiki Nakamura, Rina Kurita and Tadahisa Miyaki from Mori Biru
17 [ON-DEMAND] 6:30pm HKT / 7:30pm JST | GAW Capital – Case Study Yokohama + Aoyama Building, Tokyo
Isabella Lo, Managing Director, GAW Capital Investments
SESSIONS 18 -19 | 30 July
18 [ON-DEMAND] 3:30pm HKT / 4:30pm JST | BentallGreenOak Japan – Case Studies Aoyama + Avex Building ++
Yoshimasa Kimura, BentallGreenOak Japan
19 [LIVE] 5:00pm HKT / 6:00pm JST | Tokyo Tatemono
Yuki Mochizuki, Tokyo Tatemono
- Jon Tanaka, Managing Director, Angelo Gordon International
- Yoshimasa Kimura, BentallGreenOak Japan
- Taro Squires, Managing Director, Real Estate Group, Tokyo, Blackstone
- Tetsuya Nakamura, CEO & Representative Director, Canadian Solar Asset Management
- Hiroshi Okubo, Head of Research, CBRE Japan
- Gus Hayward, Director Tenant Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield Japan
- Isabella Lo, GAW Capital Japan
- Adam Donahue, Senior Managing Director, LaSalle Investment Management Japan
- Yo Narita, Executive Director, Loadstar Capital/Owners Book
- Keisuke Kamegai, Nomura Fudosan
- Motomitsu Morimoto, General Manager, Global Investment Management, Mitsui Fudosan Investment Advisors
- Shuji Tomikawa, President, Mitsui Fudosan Investment Advisors
- Eiji Enomoto, Representative Director, Executive Vice President, Nomura Real Estate Solutions, Nomura Fudosan
- Jun Saito, Senior Manager, Pembroke Real Estate
- Mikio Hayashi, Senior Manager, Sanko Estates
- Andy Hurfurt, Director, Institutional Investment Advisory, Savills Japan
- Rocky Sawada, Tokyo Tatemono
- Mariko Sawai, Manager Leasing & Consulting, Tokyo Tatemono
- Chihiro Shimizu, Professor, The Center for Spatial Information Science, University of Tokyo
- Yoshio Nakayama, President, Xymax Real Estate Institute, XYMAX Corporation
Asian Cities 2021
Sign up for the full programme at a special rate. If you are interested in the individual cities, click below for other modules information and registration.
- Module #1 | Hong Kong — 15 June - 25 June
- Module #2 | Singapore — 28 June – 02 July
- Module #3 | Shanghai — 05 July - 09 July
- Module #4 | Seoul — 12 July - 16 July
- Module #6 | Special Features Week — 02 August - 06 August
For the full programme information, please click here.